Search Optimization Experts are talking about link popularity non-stop these days.
What's the big deal you ask?
Link popularity is essentially a way of describing how popular your website is. It
is based on the number of links from other site to your site. In reality it is a bit more
complicated than that but to give you a sense of what all the buzz is about this simple
description is sufficient.
To acquire links from other websites to your website is a "must do" promotional activity.
It is vital because link popularity is a main part of the criteria that the search engines
use to make a judgment about where to position your website in the long list of websites
in their indexes.
Google, in a sense, is using the judgment of others to make a decision about
where to rank your website.
- Lay the groundwork. Build a site that is well designed with depth and
variety of quality content.
- Get links from quality sites that have content that meshes with the content
on your site.
- Get text links that are made with important keywords for your business.
- Be patient. In fact do not get too many links too quickly. Build your links
- The best links are keyword-rich text links from websites that have content
that aligns with the content on your website.
- Get links from as high up in the site as possible.
If you would like Website Link Tactics to help you to get links into your website
that are keyword-based and embedded in paragraphs with text related to your
business then give us a call.
We will be happy to discuss how linking can help boost up your position in the
search engines and help to drive targeted traffic to your website.
Also, you can simply fill out the form on our Inquiry Page and we will get back to
Printable Version: What's All the Buzz about Link Popularity? (PDF).