Now that we have defined the characteristics of a great back link how do you
The best way is to form a list of key collaborators or referral partners. These
are people that know you and already work with you. They trust you.
Call them up or send them an e-mail and let them know that you would like a link
from their website to your website. Let them know that you would like a text link
and tell them the exact text that you want them to use for the link. Discuss the
possible location for this link. If they will allow you to provide a paragraph of
text then this will make the link even better.
Do not volunteer, but if you have to, then offer a link from your website back to
their website. If you give out too many links then your site may suffer from back
link bleeding and avoid this if possible.
This approach requires some time and effort but it will be worth it. You will be
getting back links and forming better relationships with your referral partners and
- Develop a plan which defines the websites you will want links from. Select
enough websites so that you can set up multiple links for multiple keyword
- Once you have this list of websites then decide on the keyword phrase
that you want to use for the link and tie this to a specific website.
- Send a link request by e-mail to the site owner explaining what you want.
Be specific. Also, say something nice about their site in the e-mail.
- Follow up with a phone call to cement the deal and ensure that the details
of the email are carried out properly.
- Do not offer a link to any of the site owners unless you have to in order to
receive a link back to your site. Avoid back link bleed.
- Keep track of the links received and thank the website owner.
- Monitor your search engine position as you gain back links.
If you would like Website Link Tactics to help you to get links into your website
that are keyword-based and embedded in paragraphs with text related to your
business then give us a call.
We will be happy to discuss how linking can help boost up your position in the
search engines and help to drive targeted traffic to your website.
Also, you can simply fill out the form on our Inquiry Page and we will get back to
Printable Version: How To Get Back Links (PDF).